[Wine] Wine 1.139, Donor Perfect and Ubuntu 10.04

talkeetnik wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 7 09:35:16 CST 2010

After a long process it appears that Donor Perfect 10.07 installed under Wine 1.139 and Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 alpha 3 "Almost works"

Donor Perfect is a Fox Pro based Non-Profit Data Base which is either a web accessed mode or locally installed under the various MS flavors.

Running under virtual box and XP inside of Ubuntu works fine. However;
legally this requires a registered version of MS.  We have a legal version of Donor Perfect but they offer no support for locally installed non-MS.

For the first time I can now install DP 10.07 into Ubuntu Lucid and Wine.
Even getting an icon on Desktop.

However starting it brings up a mottled graphical splash which can actually bring up menus if one happens to hover over the exact drop-down menu location. Not practical for real work of course.

In the past "Fox Pro dlls required" message would come up and nothing else.

I would like to send along a screenshot or two if this is allowed in this forum but am unfamiliar with the procedure?

This a a tiny non-profit school I am trying to help out for free.
http://www.arthurmorganschool.org/

Thanks

WH Bouterse