[Wine] Exploration of Wine as a desktop shell

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 19:13:14 CST 2010

On 7 March 2010 20:10, Gullible Jones <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Huh... So much for that idea I guess. If Wine has that many problems with 2D acceleration this whole thing is probably not worth it at all. And being a beastly kludge and all... I guess I should not waste any more time on it.

Hey, beastly kludges are fun! My laptop overheated and shut itself
down six times this weekend, trying to compile Wine under Windows ...

Personally, anything truly awful that has hack value is intrinsically
entertaining.

I find the phrase "Wine on Windows" is mostly fun for exploding
people's heads, though.

- d.