[Wine] Planescape Torment,

ozymandius wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 8 03:42:10 CST 2010

Has anyone managed to get Planescape Torment in Wine yet? I've tried it in wine 1.1.36, 37, 38, 39 and 40. None work. My system just freezes and I can't manage to alt-tab to my terminal either. The forums (and the appdb) seem to indicate that this game is pretty tough to get up and running. I've tried both the fullscreen=0 (windowed) options and fullscreen=1 options. Also tried with virtual desktop option under wine, but that just results in a blue screen and my system hanging.

Any help at all?

My system is wine 1.1.38, ubuntu karmic 64bit, nvidia 190.53. wine has d3d9, allfonts and dcom98 installed. The system is set to winxp.