[Wine] Crazy (and just maybe awesome) idea: Winux

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Mar 8 08:30:04 CST 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 20:13 -0600, oiaohm wrote:

> Martin I have never had a DBMS system I have not been able to make
> work with SELinux.   Note SELinux programmers concidered everything.
> SELinux profile writers don't always.
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/segatex/ makes correcting policies
> quite simple.
>
> http:~user/...   I have done that stuff with selinux in place.   Some
> distributions have it work from the start line.   There is a learning
> mode you can setup for selinux these days for odd ball problems.

I should probably look at it again. Last time I tried to use it I found
that it conflicted with the backup strategy I was using and with its
extension to make clan installs less painful.

I've moved the /usr/local, /usr/java and /var/www directory trees
to /home, which is a separate partition, and replaced them with
symlinks. So all I needed to backup is /home (now I use rsync for almost
everything) and I get a painless clean install by reformatting all other
partitions. I also have part of my internal website spread round three
login directories. The trouble was that this caused a big fight with
SEL that its config tool wasn't good enough to sort out.

> Its part having the right tools for the job Martin.

Indeed. If SEL config tools are improved I'll consider enabling it
again.

Martin