[Wine] Re: Wine Gecko install notification

Sven wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 8 17:55:10 CST 2010

This was discussed on wine-devel some time ago, and the conclusion was that no one should ever want this. Not even developers. A suggestion made to Dan was to use this:

$ WINEDLLOVERRIDES=mshtml= wine cmd /C echo test

For running cmd. This disables mshtml though.

Wine without gecko is considered as a broken wine install, so I don't know why you wouldn't want to put gecko somewhere on your hard drive.

P.S. I'm kinda drunk, so I probably shouldn't post this, because it can contain total crap, but I'm just trying to help you out.