[Wine] What incredible cruft ...?

BeartoothHOS beartooth at comcast.net
Tue Mar 9 10:56:59 CST 2010

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 22:45:15 -0600, vitamin wrote:

> BeartoothHOS wrote:
>> while /home/btth/.wine/dosdevices on the same machine has 391,165
>> items, totaling 30.5 GB (some contents unreadable).
>
> Well DOH that's your entire hard drive. Specifically
> /home/btth/.wine/dosdevices/z: which is a symlink to /

	OK, I had no inkling of that. I note that right-clicking and
choosing Properties tells me it's a link (as does Fedora's curved arrow
link) -- but not to what.

	Note my .sig : I'm just looking for stuff that my seventeen
electronic thumbs can manage to clear away, *without* doing a disguised
equivalent of "rm -rf *.*" I have the one highly specialized use for
Wine, and only that; I'm not pretending to be any Alpha Plus Technoid,
but only looking for ways I can use to map my hunting ground.