[Wine] Windows API to connect UnixOdbc is not functional in Wine

nithin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 10 05:53:54 CST 2010

Hello,

I have configured Wine in Ubuntu 9.04 to use the built-in odbc32.dll which in turn uses the Linux's unixodbc package.

When I am trying to run my windows application which actually uses Windows API connecting to Unix ODBC is not working.

The API uses is SQLDriverConnect (), that returns me error
[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/libtdsodbc.so' file not found.

Since wine is clone to Windows API any application using that API should run also in Wine. Please let me know if wine windows API has any issues with unixODBC. Please advise how should I proceed here.

Warm Regards

Nithin