[Wine] Re: Wine Gecko install notification

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 10 09:14:43 CST 2010

WINEDLLOVERRIDES="mshtml=" WINEPREFIX=~/testwine3 wine notepad

That will work sorry dimesio I had not notices I was sitting on a old version of wine when I tested it and my mind was bring up the old ways of doing things.  After being around wine for over 8 year my memory does sometimes play tricks on me.   Sorry for the error.   I missed including an important var.

mshtml is the key to that dialog.  Newer version after prefix install if gecko is not installed it will not be installed.  winetricks gecko install will have to be used to install gecko if it been disabled.

WINEDLLOVERRIDES="mshtml="  blocks both native version and wine builtin version.    Can be removed after the prefix is built.

The clue to how to make it work was there "Yes there is a way to disable it. Disable mshtml."    Ie WINEDLLOVERRIDES="mshtml="  is how to disable mshtml.

I knew I had been creating prefixs without it.