[Wine] Re: Wine Gecko install notification

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 11 10:47:06 CST 2010

vitamin wrote:

> doh123 wrote:
> > Like i said earlier.. this is for Wineskin, which is built to be used by many people on many machines for anything they want to run...
>
> If you want to follow this route you make your program black-listed here, AppDB, and in bugzilla. Because it will create broken configurations.

"black-listed" seems a bit harsh, but I wouldn't expect the appdb or bugzilla to allow stuff about Wineskin, just like no other 3rd party stuff, its about general Wine.... and Wineskin definitely does not work in a standard type way, cuz that would be extremely limiting.
Yes I used unmodified Wine code for most 'Engine' builds used and have 1.1.5 - 1.1.40 all available, but things have to run very differently because of X11 issues on OSX.  Its just a simple registry setting disabling mshtml, unless IE or Gecko is installed, its nothing that major... its automatically re-enabled if someone installs Gecko or IE in that wrapper... and the manual and help screen both give info about it being disabled, and how to enable it.  Anyone can easily modify their install to so it doesn't auto disable, its just the default.  I know you don't understand why this is an issue for me... and not totally sure how to explain it.  But forcing a gecko install on every prefix will result in hundreds of mb of wasted space.  I'd rather leave it enabled and have the pop up only show if mshtml is accessed by the program running, like it used to do in older Wine versions, but that doesn't seem to be an option anymore.