[Wine] Dragon Naturally Speaking into Linux apps

hellork wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 14 06:19:06 CDT 2010

I got tired of cutting and pasting from Notepad, so I made a free, open-source app that forwards text from windows dictation software like Dragon Naturally Speaking onto the Linux desktop using wine. If you want to try it out and give me feedback: http://thenerdshow.com/platypus.html

It works great for the most part. There is one "feature" that I would like to add.

Because Dragon NaturallySpeaking will only dicate text to the topmost window, the one with the focus, I would like my app to have a checkbox to optionally stay on top of other windows in the confines of the wine desktop, but there seems to be no way to stay on top of other windows in Wine. I notice that even taskmgr doesn't stay on top.