[Wine] Problem with an older VB program

Lint6 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 15 14:38:17 CDT 2010

I'm fairly new to linux and completely new to Wine, so please bear with me.  I am trying to run a game, Extreme Warfare, an old wrestling simulator, from a thumb drive.  When I browse to it through "browse C: drive" and double click, nothing happens.  No error messages or anything.  Doing it through the command line, I get the message

> kirk at kirk-laptop:~/.wine/drive_c/EWR$ wine EWRevenge.exe
> err:module:import_dll Library MSVBVM60.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\EWR\\EWRevenge.exe") not found
> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\EWR\\EWRevenge.exe" failed, status c0000135

Looking through the AppDB, there was nothing listed about this particular problem.  Can anyone help?  Its just a simple game but it gives me something to do when at the Laundromat waiting for my wash to finish