[Wine] Re: StreamTorrent problem

Hawkeye34 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 15 21:03:41 CDT 2010

I think I'm making progress...

I realized it had not occurred to me to replace the rest of the dll's that were giving errors. So I reapplied the patches, recompiled and replaced winsock.dll with a native dll. Winsock fixme's gone.

Same with iphlpapi.dll. iphlpapi fixme's gone. Finally I replaced comctl32.dll.  err:toolbar's gone. So this left me with no terminal output at all when running StreamTorrent -- but it still wasn't connected to the internet. So I take a WINEDEBUG=+winsock log. Here it is: http://pastebin.com/5R6aBehs. It looks very similar to this: http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/Reading_Debug_Trace_Examples:Networking#Permission_Denied which (I think) says the problem would be fixed by running wine as root (which I know I should never do).

Is it worth trying?