[Wine] Re: trying to install adobe flash player

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 17 10:19:29 CDT 2010

water_sun_sea wrote:

> DaVince wrote:
> > Wine 1.0.1 is also not at all the latest version. Get the latest, 1.1.40. It works a lot better than the latest "stable".
>

> Yes WINE 1.01 is the stable version
>
> And 1.1.40 is in development
>
> I thought development meant not yet released
>
> Sorry if i am wrong

stable means its set in stone.. unchanging.. the code will not change...

Development has all the latest improvements and works MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the "stable" release.  Devel version is available, and what you should use... there are set devel versions released all the time, being that the latest is 1.1.40.

the "stable" version had more of a meaning awhile ago, but its very old now, and not very useful.  I think they should re-look how they name and release stuff.