[Wine] Age of Empires III install
wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 19 19:01:31 CDT 2010
During installation I get
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"InstallFinalize" returned 1603
err:ole:ClientRpcChannelBuffer_SendReceive called from wrong apartment, should have been 0x1e00000041
err:ole:xCall RpcChannelBuffer SendReceive failed, 8001010e
err:rpc:I_RpcReceive we got fault packet with status 0x1c010003
err:ole:ifproxy_release_public_refs IRemUnknown_RemRelease failed with error 0x800706b5
err:ole:ifproxy_release_public_refs IRemUnknown_RemRelease failed with error 0x800706be
Google is notmuch help.
I used the following meathod to install on Fedora 12
Alternative HowTo 1
** Note ** Where there is a quote, it means to type everything in between the quotes. If there is a word enclosed in brackets, the word will be printed on a key on the keyboard.
1. Copy all .dll's from Disk1 to .wine/drive_c/windows/system32
2. Download mfc42.dll (or copy from XP) and put it in your .wine/drive_c/windows/system32 directory otherwise it will complain that the file is missing. If you have any problems complaining about mfc42.dll, it means you have a bad copy of it.
3. Set your Windows version to Windows XP using the winecfg tool or it will complain that this game can only be installed on Windows XP
4. At a command prompt, type "mkdir ~/tempaoe3". Copy all 3 CD contents into ~/tempaoe3.
5. Change to .wine/dosdevices
6. Delete d: (At a command prompt, type "rm d:"). Type "ln -s ~/tempaoe3 d:" This will change d: to the ~/tempaoe3 directory you copied all your files to from step 4.
7. At a command prompt, type "wine cmd.exe"
8. At the DOS prompt, type "d:" and press [ENTER].
9. At the DOS prompt, Type "setup" and press [ENTER].
10. Once you see the first screen click next
11. Click I agree and move the window to the lower right corner (just leave enough of the window, to drag it back up, after the next step, you have to move it because if you don't you will not see the serial input screen and you will need to restart the installation), Then press ENTER. (You are actually pressing the NEXT button, but you can't see it)
12. Enter the serial and click next.
13. Now drag the other window back up, and Choose custom or standard installation (whichever you like and click next).
14. Now AOE3 will begin to install, and though it appears to hang, again be patient it takes about 3 minutes for the installation to react).
15. If it asks for Disk 1 again, just quit the installer.
16. Once you are done click finish, go to the console and kill the IDriver.exe and IDriverT.exe as it will have created the nescassary registry entries, but the installer will keep hanging in the memory.
More information about the wine-users