[Wine] sketchup white box under cursor

srpenney wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 20 09:41:24 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

I'm new to Wine and so far most things work great.  However, I've installed SketchUp and I constantly have a white box under the cursor.  It looks almost like the icon's transparency isn't working and the areas that should be transparent are white.

I found an old thread in the Ubuntu forums where someone had the same issue, but I could not find a resolution there.  There don't seem to be any bugs open to track this issue so I'm assuming that it's not too common.  I also searched the forum here and didn't find anything.

If someone knows of an existing thread please point me to it.

My system settings are: wine-1.1.31, Ubunty 9.10 (Karmic Koala), video card ASUS EAH4850 using ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics driver.

Wine is configured to run sketchup in XP mode and the problem persists if I use directX or not.

Any help is greatly appreciated,