[Wine] Re: shell open fails with some folder names

trycage wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 21 17:57:16 CDT 2010

Hi All

This problem is indicated as solved in the release 1.1.20
By the fact applications (e.g. Msword) can browse, reach the file and open it using the dialog windows (Wine version 1.1.41).  However I tested version 1.1.41, and it is quite annoying that by click on my NTFS volume each folder or name with spaces in it cannot be opened.

If someone as a valid workaround (not just changing the file name) isvery welcome.
Personally (as many other people), I have many windows-originated contents with spaces in files and path and I would really appreciate a smart solution

Thanks

Best Regards

Marco