[Wine] Re: ALSA_Mixer

hellork wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 22 21:34:46 CDT 2010

When I get this problem on Fedora I just install alsa-plugins-pulseaudio (the 32 bit version works best for Wine, unless you're experimenting with 64 bit Wine which doesn't do much yet).

alsa-plugins-pulseaudio contains a PCM plug-in, libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so and a mixer control, libasound_module_ctl_pulse.so, along with a replacement configuration for /etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf, your basic pcm.pulse { type pulse... stuff, the same boring configuration we used to do manually when routing sound from native alsa applications through pulseaudio...

Most other distros have a similar package.