[Wine] Program links result in error

benstyr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 25 14:06:24 CDT 2010

I recently installed Rosetta Stone Version 3.2 with wine 1.1.31. Initially there was an error on the opening page of Rosetta Stone, however after downloading and installing the suggested package from winetricks that error goes away.

Now when I navigate through the file system and right click on RosettaStoneVersion3.exe and select open with wine... everything works fine. The same when I navigate through the file system in the terminal and type wine RosettaStoneVersion3.exe.

However, when I click the link in the start menu or try to create a desktop launcher to the .exe file I get the same error that I did before I installed Rosetta. I even tried writing an executable script that would open it using wine, but same error.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.