[Wine] Re: Wine Fails to recognize DVD RW Drive

LadyC wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 27 10:24:37 CDT 2010

My apologies for bringing up an old post, but I'm at a loss here. I am new to MAC and also wine. I have no issues with finding/running programs I've installed using WINE with Terminal. But I have 2 programs that will not detect a device, 1 being ImgBurn.

I opened up Winecfg and found the drives listed. D: not being one of the so I added D: and tried numerous ways to add the MAC DVD player to it, but have failed miserably. I tried autodetect, browsing for the DVD player application, adding /dev/sdc also /dev/sdc/ d\:\: and still nothing.

Might I ask for step by step instructions to assist this newbie with accomplishing this? Thanks ever so much!

Wine - 1.1.40
27" iMAC (new) with Snow Leopard