[Wine] Re: Blockland -- Torque Game Engine

CaptainAhab wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 28 02:01:10 CDT 2010

Are you running v13 or v14? I never had a problem with Blockland in v13 beyond sound issues, I think I might have even updated to v13 while running it in wine although I'm not really sure. I didn't try updating to v14, I just installed it from scratch.

I haven't bothered looking too deeply into why my client is freezing, but I can add that it doesn't work for me either. I'm running v14 right now.

I can tell you that since the update (in blockland, not wine) the dedicated server freezes when it tries to post your server to the master server. The program looks like it's still running, it just sits waiting indefinitely for the master server to respond and you can't enter any commands while it waits. The LAN dedicated ran just fine until I typed in a console command wrong. Syntax errors don't crash the game but it seems certain other error messages do. I haven't tried actually connecting to the server yet, I'll try it tomorrow.

If you want to test out the dedicated server you will need to copy the key.dat file from either a previously working copy of the game on linux or a working copy of the game on windows. The key.dat needs to be from the same computer (it doesn't matter if the file was generated on windows or linux) because the key file generated when you enter the key is unique to your computer. Generating one in a game that doesn't start is pretty hard.

Unfortunately I haven't found a solution to any of these issues at the moment. If I find anything I'll send you a PM and update the appdb. I'm wedge on the blockland forums.