[Wine] Re: Cannot write to.. Broken pipe..

ragingb wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 28 18:27:24 CDT 2010

Hey James McKenzie, did you told the Debian support about this already? If not let me tell them please...? I don't know if this is a huge bugfix but if it is it wouldn't be fair for me to gain all the credits because I wouldn't find out about this if you didn't told me just now. What is the best way to tell the Debian folks, I would say open a forum topic on their support website or send them an e-mail do you maybe know about a more direct way to report this?

Now I had to fix something else, when I where trying to get win32 apps running I noticed some trouble and noticed it wasn't running v1.1.41 instead it was still running the Debian version 1. 0.1-1 all along so I managed synamptic to uninstall wine 1.0.1-1 and some stuff around it. The I closed synaptic I opened synaptic again and then did a search for wine.

Some  libwine-... v1.0.1-1 were still in place I didn't remove them. Then when I took a view down the list I saw available for install "wine v1.0.0-1". Then i found out that I could set it manually to force install v1.1.41. I did, and synaptic marked all the libwine-... library's for uninstall marked some needs for install and now it works it says v.1.1.41.

I am still have a liltle doubt about that key file thing I did because if there was not a solution for this jet how comes there are still reviews of users running Debian Lenny and a high version of wine like v1.1.xx?

I version checked it this time and it