[Wine] Re: finding or creating ~/.wine folder (Snow Leopard problem)

hobbsilla wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 28 19:39:02 CDT 2010

Here is more info:

1. So no, I can not drag the Winetest file that I created earlier into my home directory, if I go one level down in hierachy I can however, if I put it in Photos, Music, Movies etc it works for whatever reason but if I go one level up it doesn't.

2. A ~/Wine and ~/Wine Files folder were already present on my desktop from yesterday when I had Winebottler combo. I removed Winebottler combo and attempted to drag these two folders into my Trashbin. It will delete the contents in these two folders but won't delete the folders themselves.

3. I contacted David Baumgold who wrote the tutorial I followed.
A. He recommended that I do a symlink but I'm not a terminal junkie so I've been researching the 20 minutes on how to do that.
B. I did however use the $WINEPREFIX=$HOME/Wine\ Files wine winecfg in my terminal and what seemed like wine working, a configure window popped up, and content was added to the Wine Files folder in my home directory. However when I got to type $wine winecfg or $wine $applicationname.exe I still get that same error message about ~/.wine directory not existing.

4. Once I submit this message I will go and try doing this as a Guest user.