[Wine] Re: finding or creating ~/.wine folder (Snow Leopard problem)

hobbsilla wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 30 20:43:48 CDT 2010

I understand what you're all saying and what you've been saying. I have no idea if this is correlated at all but about a week before my initial post asking for help I was using my Macbook Pro on a plane it just suddenly turned itself off with no warning when it had a 95% charge on the battery. Once I was settled back home I called Apple Support and they told me that I needed to hold down something like Cmd + option + shift along those lines while the computer was booting (while plugged in via outlet). The computer booted up and the batteries started working again (showing a 95% complete charge on it) but I noticed some of my settings were sorta funky. My dock reverted back to the default apps that show up on a fresh install, my background which was a custom image reverted back to the default Mac spacey purple background image that are on all Macs. All my apps and documents and everything were still intact on the computer, I just had to change everything around to my previous settings. Also I had been using Winebottler to use an app that worked using it and after that it stopped working completely.