[Wine] Re: Help Sound and vid now works in PP07?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 31 09:40:06 CDT 2010

I'm glad you got it to work. However, it shouldn't be crashing when you use builtin winemp3.acm, and doesn't on my system. This suggests something is wrong with Ubuntu's Wine package and/or libmpg123. You should search Ubuntu Launchpad to see if a bug has already been filed, and if not, file one.

I got your video to work in WMP9 by converting it to an avi using mencoder, then running it through Avidemux to fix the sound (which didn't work at all in WMP9 in the file mencoder produced). My settings in Avidemux were Video: Copy; Audio: MP2(lavc); Format: AVI. There's probably a way to correct the sound in mencoder the first time around, but I'm not familiar enough with it to know the right command line option. This is pretty much the limit of my video encoding skills.