[Wine] Re: frame/graphics lag in microsoft Freelancer

Basinator wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 31 11:04:21 CDT 2010

Edit: I ran into one problem.

First off: Nice and very good tutorial. But I ran into some errors and I am not sure if they will have a negative impact later:

Gallows wrote:

> Step 3
>
> Open terminal
> type winetricks
> A new window will pop open with a bunch of boxes to check
> Install each of the following:  (I suggest running each install individually to prevent any errors)
> DirectX9

Error message for DirectX9:

Code:

bas at Ubuntu:~$ winetricks
fixme:ole:DllRegisterServer stub
You probably shouldn't be using this. It's VERY invasive.
Use 'winetricks d3dx9' instead.
Setting Windows version to win2k
Executing early_wine regedit c:\winetrickstmp\set-winver.reg
Executing wine /home/bas/.winetrickscache/directx_aug2009_redist.exe /t:c:\winetrickstmp
fixme:advapi:DecryptFileA "c:\\winetrickstmp\\" 00000000
Using native override for following DLLs: d3dim d3drm d3dx8 d3dx9_24 d3dx9_25 d3dx9_26 d3dx9_27 d3dx9_28 d3dx9_29
Executing early_wine regedit c:\winetrickstmp\override-dll.reg
Using native override for following DLLs: d3dx9_30 d3dx9_31 d3dx9_32 d3dx9_33 d3dx9_34 d3dx9_35 d3dx9_36 d3dx9_37
Executing early_wine regedit c:\winetrickstmp\override-dll.reg
Using native override for following DLLs: d3dx9_38 d3dx9_39 d3dx9_40 d3dx9_41 d3dx9_42 d3dxof
Executing early_wine regedit c:\winetrickstmp\override-dll.reg
Using native override for following DLLs: dciman32 ddrawex devenum dmband dmcompos dmime dmloader dmscript dmstyle
Executing early_wine regedit c:\winetrickstmp\override-dll.reg
Using native override for following DLLs: dmsynth dmusic dmusic32 dnsapi dplay dplayx dpnaddr dpnet dpnhpast dpnlobby
Executing early_wine regedit c:\winetrickstmp\override-dll.reg
Using native override for following DLLs: dswave dxdiagn mscoree msdmo qcap quartz streamci
Executing early_wine regedit c:\winetrickstmp\override-dll.reg
Using builtin override for following DLLs: d3d8 d3d9 dinput dinput8 dsound
Executing early_wine regedit c:\winetrickstmp\override-dll.reg
Executing wine c:\winetrickstmp/DXSETUP.exe
err:setupapi:do_file_copyW Unsupported style(s) 0x144
err:setupapi:do_file_copyW Unsupported style(s) 0x144
err:setupapi:do_file_copyW Unsupported style(s) 0x144
[.....]

Clearing Windows version back to default
Executing early_wine regedit c:\winetrickstmp\unset-winver.reg
Install of directx9 done
winetricks done.
bas at Ubuntu:~$ Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (AMD-64)
err:rundll32:WinMain Unable to load L"streamci"

(Cross-Thread: http://freelancercommunity.net/viewtopic.php?p=3873#3873)