[Wine] Re: Assign a different date for software execution

hellork wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 31 15:49:18 CDT 2010

I'm bored, so here is the rest of my (lack of) knowledge on the subject :)

	Some windows programs out there can intercept the windows GetSystemTime, GetLocalTime, e.g. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html but they don't work with wine because wine's kernel32.dll / ntdll.dll are fake, i.e. you can't just hook functions in them with LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress() like a regular windows dll.

	You said you didn't want to change the system time, so the TZ environment variable could be set to report a different time of day, e.g. export TZ=America/Los_Angeles This won't change the date, however.

	There may be a Linux command line tool that wraps gettimeofday <sys/time.h> but I'm unaware if such a thing exists and wouldn't know how to search for it.