[Wine] not enough space((

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Sat May 1 11:26:00 CDT 2010

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 2:20 AM, ridle <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> hello everyone. I tried installing The witcher on fedora 10 using wine. The problem is my primary partition has 600 mb less free space than needed((is there anyway to install the game directly into other partition? When i get to choose where to install it i only can access other partitions through /media/disk1/... so it still thinks I'm installing on this primary partition.
> My Primary partition with fedora on it is /dev/sda2 ext3 , and I also have created /dev/sda4 ext2 as an extended partition for games))now its currently empty))so Is there a way to directly install on sda4?))Thanks a lot)
> P.s. Btw I'm a newbie in all this stuff just googling almost every second step so please don't get anry at me ;P

There really should be a better solution to this but the quickest way
is to create a new 'fake hard drive' in wine.

winecfg -> drives -> add -> select a letter -> modify path to the
partition you want to install to -> close all wine related
applications (so settings take effect).

This new 'hard drive' will show up as the letter number you assigned
when you try to install some thing.