[Wine] Help with DirectX 9.0 and World in Conflict

jackshiels wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 2 15:22:39 CDT 2010

Hi there all!

First of all, I'm new here so hi there. I used to use crossover but I realized that Wine has a bit more support when it comes to running apps, as well as being free  [Wink]

Anyway, I have installed winebottler 1.4.3 which works fine but I have one problem with World in Conflict. I have done everything to make it run (see  http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=9237) but I keep getting the error that "Directx 9.0b or later is required to run this application". Doesn't Wine support this anyway? Should I be installing DX 9.0c with the microsoft provided installer?

Any help with this matter is GREATLY appreciated. I have been struggling for ages now trying to get this working.

Thanks  :)

Jack