[Wine] Problems With Wine Lagging

joelandsonja wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 3 16:37:28 CDT 2010

I have researched several posts that are similar to my own, but for some reason I don't see this particular problem being solved on any forum.

I am having a problem with Wine lagging whenever I try to play a game using a Windows based Emulator such as Snes9x, Gens, Jnes, Project 64 or whatever else. Is there anyone out there who has come across this issue and can give me some advice on what to do? I think it might be a problem with the general settings of wine, because it seems to be doing this with all of my Windows based emulators when I open them with Wine.

I should also mention that I am now running on Ubuntu 10.04, but just in case you were wondering, I've been having these problems since 9.10 and unfortunately the problem didn't resolve itself when the new system was released. I have more than enough ram and processor power to pull any of these games, so I'm hoping that will illuminate some of the issues that come to mind. I am also not interested in using Virtualbox or any of the [Crappy] Linux based emulators, because nothing works at all with those options.

I am, however, able to get all of my emulators to work on Wine, but the problem is that they all lag.

Any suggestions?