[Wine] Civ4 on Ubuntu doesn't work anymore after upgrade

Nicolas FRANCOIS nicolas.francois at free.fr
Tue May 4 08:12:14 CDT 2010

Le Sun, 2 May 2010 11:17:52 +0200,
Nicolas FRANCOIS <nicolas.francois at free.fr> a écrit :

> Le Sat, 1 May 2010 15:42:56 +0200,
> Nicolas FRANCOIS <nicolas.francois at free.fr> a écrit :
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I upgraded my Ubuntu installation to 10.04 this morning and now I
> > can't make Civ4 work anymore (Beyond the Sword, patched 3.19, with
> > last BUG mod).
>
> It seems that downgrading to wine version 1.1.25 solves (at least
> part of) the problem.

After more tries, I was successfull in making BTS work perfectly (no
non working city bars, no crashes) with wine 1.1.36.

I think it's not completely related to Wine, just some libs upgrades in
Ubuntu made the game crash. Even the sound works fine with DirectX
installed (with winetricks).

\bye

--

Nicolas FRANCOIS                      |  /\
http://nicolas.francois.free.fr       | |__|