[Wine] Re: 6 different games share 3 different bugs

granamachine wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 4 09:11:02 CDT 2010

dimesio wrote:
> I don't know where you got the idea that deleting the bug link means the bug is either invalid or wontfix; the page you linked to says no such thing.  A bug doesn't have to be linked to an AppDB entry to be valid.

I'm not saying that, it's just what I would suggest to bugs owners or bugzilla admins. This is what I interpreted from that page:

INVALID
    The problem described is not a bug.
Each one of those bug reports contains logs for (at least) three different crashes, one of them is already solved. So, maybe, the problem described isn't specifically a bug.

WONTFIX
    The problem described is a bug which will never be fixed.
The bug reports are so messed up that the bugs described will never be fixed. In fact, they are almost three years old.

dimesio wrote:
> If you want to be useful, add comments to both bug reports verifying that they still exist, and attach a console log from current Wine. If you really think they are duplicates, say that in a comment.

What I do not want to do is add more confusion. If they are duplicates, it is because they describe poorly and generically a bug (game crashes), when in fact there are two different bugs (game crashes when audio is enabled and/or when resolution is set higher than 640x480).