[Wine] How to fix the SSL/https problem?

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue May 4 09:34:14 CDT 2010

>The 1.1.42 is default in Ubuntu 10.04.
>But there is a 1.0.1 in the default repostitory too.
>I am back to 1.0.1 now.
>I dont know why Ubuntu use the unstable instead of the stable as default.

Three reasons:

The stable version is over 1 1/2 years old.
There are many bug fixes in the unstable.
but most importantly:  We asked them to do it.

We don't take bug reports on Wine 1.0.1 anymore and the response you will receive is to move to the unstable and then test again.

Now to what I ASKED YOU TO DO:  Conduct a regression test with the current version and the last known good version.  This will point out what piece of code that was added to Wine that caused this function to stop working.  Then a developer (or two) can start fixing it.  Without the test, it is a long painful and not likely to happen fix.

Remember, most of us out here are volunteers, working on this project in what little spare time we have to fully create a Windows32 and Windows64 API that allows you to run your favorite programs on Linux/UNIX.

James McKenzie