[Wine] Re: Let Wine program pop up URL links in default browser, NOT IE

cnbiz850 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 5 01:38:41 CDT 2010

Tried to understand what the problem is here.  Now I installed ie6 with Winetricks, the behavior is different.  Let me try to explain.

Initially, before I report about the problem, the program acted like this.  When started for the first time during the day, it first pops up a window with some information, then after I pressed 'OK' in that window, it then opens its primary window and also at the same time has Firefox open a web page that has very much the same information as contained in the information window.

Then, after some Wine upgrades, it behaves like this.  After I pressed 'OK' in the information window, it opens its primary window, but then at the same time, instead of opening the web page in Firefox, it opens an IE window showing nothing.  This is the problem I was trying to report.

Now, after I installed the IE6, it is like this.  After the information window and the primary window, it does NOT open the web page any more - not in IE nor in Firefox - there is no third window.  I am not sure if this is the right behavior under Windows or not as I do not run Windows now.   This good to me on the one hand as it got rid of the useless blank window, but on the other, I miss the web page as it does contain more information may want to check from time to time.

The Wine I have been using are from the Wine-cn ppa repository for Ubuntu 9.10.  As some reply in the thread mention that there is not switch of the behavior upon a change of Wine versions, I wonder if Wine-cn made the difference.