[Wine] WoW Old windows install

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sat May 8 15:41:39 CDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 14:57 -0500, gcmarimon wrote:
> when i navigate to the wow.exe dir i find this path
> /home/mandos/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Arquivos de programas/World of Warcraft
>
> but when i try it on the shell itd say: "root at mandos-pc:/home/mandos/.wine/dosdevices/c:# cd /home/mandos/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Arquivos de programas/World of Warcraft
> bash: cd: /home/mandos/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Arquivos: Arquivo ou diretrio no encontrado
> "
> which means it wouldnt find the path to the dir... now "Arquivos de programas"  is my program files diretory and i must enter it then wow folder to be able to run the exe from the shell... =P
> help plz =]

Notice that the path name got truncated at the first space. Path names
containing spaces must be treated specially to prevent the first space
from being taken as the end of the path name. There are three ways of
doing this. Take your pick. You can enclose the name on double quotes:

cd "/home/mandos/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Arquivos de programas/World of
Warcraft"

or in single quotes:

cd '/home/mandos/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Arquivos de programas/World of
Warcraft'

or you can escape the spaces:

cd /home/mandos/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Arquivos\ de\ programas/World\ of\
Warcraft

Martin