[Wine] Steam 2010 built in web browser blank

carn1x wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 9 04:10:48 CDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to run Steam under Wine, I've been trying with PlayOnLinux however I have the feeling this hasn't been updated for the new Steam 2010, although that may not make any difference.

I've changed compatibility to Windows Vista and turned off Compiz which got the GUI running, however anything web based in Steam is showing up as blank, such as the Store, Community or Update popups.

I'm on Wine 1.0.1 however, I've been browsing around and can't see the obvious way of how to upgrade to Dev version? (Going by the version numbers and changelogs, it seems like Wine-Dev is way ahead of Wine-Stable is that right?)

Thanks for any help :)