[Wine] Re: WoW Old windows install

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 9 16:12:01 CDT 2010

gcmarimon wrote:
> nice! its all working fine! except by the sound of WoW... which does not play..  in any circumstances =]

That *can* be due to this:

> mmap() failed: Não foi possível alocar memória
> mmap() failed: Não foi possível alocar memória
> mmap() failed: Não foi possível alocar memória
> mmap() failed: Não foi possível alocar memória
> mmap() failed: Não foi possível alocar memória
> mmap() failed: Não foi possível alocar memória
> mmap() failed: Não foi possível alocar memória
> mmap() failed: Não foi possível alocar memória
> mmap() failed: Não foi possível alocar memória
> mmap() failed: Não foi possível alocar memória
> mmap() failed: Não foi possível alocar memória
> mmap() failed: Não foi possível alocar memória

Yet, it can be due to other issues.

I see you are brazilian. I am Portuguese, so I can try and help you with that in a more native way. I (João Ricardo Lourenço) have a temporary and not-that-good fix for the sound issues between Wine, Pulseaudio and Ubuntu here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine1.2/+bug/502375

Specifically, here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine1.2/+bug/502375/comments/10

Cheers,

Jorl17