[Wine] Re: Band in a Box

dbigers wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 9 20:38:30 CDT 2010

Progress!! Reinstalled and got it working. You must also run the decompress.exe inside the RealTracks and Drums folders to be able to use them. The originals are .wma files and they give an error in BIAB under Wine.

But if you install Media Player through WineTricks you can get the decompressor to work. After that, you can use the RealTracks and Drums in the program. There may be a way possible to get them to work without decompressing them wav files, but I couldnt get it to work.

Initially I decompressed them in Windows and copied them over. But you can do it from Linux if you get the codecs from WMP through winetricks.

Once I get this working as close to 100% as I can I will post in AppDB section. Right now I am just happy that it works at all. Thanks again for the great program.