[Wine] Windows security issues in WMI installation

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Tue May 11 01:13:51 CDT 2010

On 5/11/10 12:08 AM, Edward Savage wrote:
> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 1:21 PM, sanjeev.kulkarni
> <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>> After this, when I try installing WMI (as stated below), I get into access related issues
>>

> What is WMI?
WMI = Windows Management Instrumentation, an implementation of
"Web-Based Enterprise Management". Basically, it's a bunch of stuff
designed to expose information about everything to sysadmins and
programmers. It's available as a redistributable, but some of it depends
on kernel support, so I don't know how well it works in Wine (or if it's
even legally possible to run it in Wine).

Chip