[Wine] Re: can't get twitcam to work

shengchieh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 11 13:31:29 CDT 2010

DaVince wrote:
> I just tried Twitcam. It seems you only need Flash, not Shockwave. Works fine natively in Windows for me...

Hmmm.  Then I should be able to run this using a native linux browser (on linux OS).
I just tried again.  I did get alittle further.  Maybe twitcam was "down" or something
last time?!  The right side works fine (it didn't need shockwave).  On the left side,
I can't get the video to work.

The top says

Click here to authorize Flash to access your
camera and microphone

and the bottom says

  Adobe Flash Player Settings
  Camera and Microphone Access
  static.livestream.com is requesting
  access to your camera and
  microphone.  If you click Allow, you may
  be recorded.

If I click "click here" or Allow", nothing happens.
Is this a linux bug or twitcam is using something
in window OS?

Can someone try this using a native linux browser?
I've visited the twitcam feedback.  There are other linux
users having problems - not getting twitcam to work.
I'm suspicious that some window OS feature is being
used.

Fyi, I have flash 10.0.32.18 on this native linux firefox
browser.  I doubt this is the problem since this version
is less than a year old.

Sheng-Chieh