[Wine] Re: Unable to get Qucke H&B 2009 to access the internet

bobestes wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 13 16:32:17 CDT 2010

vitamin wrote:

> bobestes wrote:
> > The program seemed to install the updates without any problem, but when it asked me to register, all I got was a blank screen.
>
> Try upgrading Wine. If that won't help, install ie6 using winetricks.

I updated Wine from the repository, and I now have version 1.1.44.  I then tried to register Quicken, and the register window is no longer blank. It has a readable tab and then just garbage.  If I could figure out how to attach a file to this message, I could send a 'print screen' of what I'm talking about.

Winetricks is not in my repository.  I looked it up on the net, and it seems to be a script of some type.  I have no idea how to get it on my machine, nor how to use it once it is here.

I tried to download IE6 using Wine, and I got a message that a newer version was already installed.

Bob