[Wine] Needing help with DDO

Tecseiryu wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 14 13:24:30 CDT 2010

I am using a Kunbuntu Lucid Lynx 10.4/ Vista 64bit dual boot.

The application I want to lunch is DDO. (Dungeons and Dragons Online)

I click the application launcher, I go to "Applications," then I go to "WINE," and lastly I go to "Browse C: Drive" and I get this error...

"Unable to run the command specified. The file or folder file:///home/My_User_Name/Documents/.wine/dosdevices/c: does not exist."

 [Rolling Eyes]

Yes, I've went to properties and I've made sure that the .exe file opens with WINE. However, when I click the icon I see a bouncing WINE symbol, but NOTHING happens!

I've found a LOTRO Launcher that should work with DDO, but I have to compile scripts from Python to use it...

 [Evil or Very Mad]

Seriously, I need to install an installer to an installer for an installer, but before I do any of that I need to take college courses to learn a programming language... is there a simpler way?

 [Evil or Very Mad]

I'm really frustrated, I've spent a week googling this thing, and trying to find forums that have posts concerning the very same problem, but nada, nothing.

Just now, I've seen that WINE actually has a forum (No Sarcastic Remarks, Please!). I've read the Newbie Pages, here, there was no help.

I am a new user to Linux, so I don't have any experience with command lines.

Thank you for your time, and I give MUCH APPRECIATION for those with helpful, insightful, or constructive comments.

Tec, Peace Out.~

 [Wink]