[Wine] Wineboot: useless dialog

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat May 15 21:52:31 CDT 2010

sotel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I wonder about something, which disturb me:
> thisone (wineboot.c):
>
> Code:
> static INT_PTR CALLBACK wait_dlgproc( HWND hwnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wp, LPARAM lp )
> {
>     switch (msg)
>     {
>     case WM_INITDIALOG:
>

> Why is this there?

Maybe because some Windows programs expect it to be there?

> I'm still dedicated to the UNIX philosophy: If there is no error, be quit.
> I didn't like that wine is getting more and more this verbiage used in windows.

You must not understand, oh young one, that Wine is a COMPLETE
implementation of the Windows 32 (and now Windows 64) API, bugs and
problems.  We cannot and will not 'choose and pick' what functionality
that will or will not be built into this project.  Microsoft already did
this for us.
> A car brake wrote:
>
>> You just push the brake. You really want to slowdown your speed? Press OK or Cancel

If that happens, I'll crash the car.

> Please, please, let this things away. Do wine in a chaste and simple way.

No.  Please read my comment above.  Wine IS NOT LINUX/UNIX.  Wine IS THE
WINDOWS API.  They are and will not be the same.

James McKenzie