[Wine] Needing help with DDO

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun May 16 10:13:05 CDT 2010

>Ok, I've done everything from the ground up, followed ALL instructions posted on every WINE
> website I could find, very little progress has been made...
>
>*BUT*
>
>I had no idea about the whole stable version thing you are talking about, I appreciate the
>insight, maybe now I can get my games up and running, thank you.

And in about two months there will be a new stable version.  I highly recommend TESTING everything you want Wine to do for you and then submitting bug reports for each and everything you find that does not work.  Pulseaudio excluded (it is a really painful subject for the developers, but it looks like it is NOT going away and more and more Linux software products are looking to rely on it as well.)  Before submitting a bug report, please do a thorough search, as bug reports have some very interesting titles.

After you submit a bug report, please post a message in the forums/mailing list so others will be aware that there is a report for a problem they may encounter.

Lastly, if a bug report exists, please VOTE for it.  This advises developers that the problem still exists and how many folks are affected by it.

James McKenzie