[Wine] Need help with Wine and Forex MT4??

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue May 18 11:51:37 CDT 2010

On 2010-05-18 (May, Tuesday) 16:00:55 SurferMan wrote:
> On the prefix menu, is that jut to rename stuff? Just not sure what has to
>  be changed or named diff etc?

	I didn't understood your question. Do you want to rename your Wine prefix or
you asking what are Wine prefixes for?

	Each Wine prefix is imitation of  clean Windows installation. For MetaTrader I
recommend to have separate Wine prefix (for example, ~/.wine-metatrader).
Default Wine prefix is located here: ~/.wine

	You can rename Wine prefix with "mv" command but if you have launchers in your
GUI you have to edit them accordingly.

	You can choose your current Wine prefix by exporting WINEPREFIX environment
variable (for example: export WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-metatrader). If there is no
such variable default Wine prefix will be used.

	If you tried to ask something else, please make sure next time to ask
question(s) without typos and more information (at least you need to describe:
what you are trying to do, what you already tried, what's exactly your
problem). Since I already described how to get MetaTrader working I'm assuming
this isn't a problem you trying to solve anymore. If you still have a problem
with getting MetaTrader working with plain Wine please describe it.