[Wine] USB sound card/ROCKY software/Softrock radio

Paleoethnobotanist wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 19 09:20:34 CDT 2010

I'm running a USB sound card (SB0270) as well as built-in audio to interface with my RXTX6.3 softrock radio, and I've been trying to get the Amateur Radio program "Rocky" to run.  Rocky installs once you copy it to the C: drive and use the Explorer to start the installer, and it comes up, but you cannot select a sound card and after starting Rocky in Wine (.44), you cannot shut Rocky down.  I CAN run JT65-HF and it recognizes the installed sound cards, unlike Rocky.  Until I can afford a new good sound card, I am stuck with the USB (which works well under windows and I prefer it).

I would appreciate any tips from anyone regarding getting Rocky working under Wine- or recommendations for other Softrock related software that is easy to use/set up.