[Wine] Canon EOS Utilities install problem with Wine

rogL wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 19 09:56:49 CDT 2010

I've studied all the texts I can find.

Wine lists Canon EOS Utilities as compatible.

I have installed Wine (1.1.44 with 1.2 packet) and it works with Notepad. I'm using Ubuntu 9.10.

However, I can't get it to work with Canon EOS Utilities.

I tried to follow instructions but to install latest edition of EOS I need to first install the initial CD.

The initial CD files won't install (it sticks on first page and won't Exit or Go to Next). Apparently, Wine won't help me since its looking for the latest version (and/or it doesn't appreciate the bits of file remaining after previous attempts to install).

Can anyone propose something, please ?