[Wine] Re: Help with an error message please...

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 19 15:13:28 CDT 2010

genienitro wrote:
> OK, fair enough - but perhaps this error is caused by the update in wine itself?  The bottles were set up fine and working - it only went wrong when I  went from Wine 1.1.35 to 1.1.44
>
> Hopefully someone here might have come across something similar and have an idea....
>
> There isn't a winebottler forum after all (at least not that I have come across!)
>
> Anyone able to help?

if it is a bug in Wine.. it needs to be tested and confirmed in normal Wine.  There could be Winebottler issues causing it too.

If you want easy(ish) to use Wine on Macs where you can run many Wine versions, you can look at Wineskin (http://wineskin.doh123.com/).  You bundle up and make an app that runs off a certain versions.. and you aren't forced to have only 1 Wine version, you can have as many as you'd like and have each thing work on its own version.... to make a totally self contained Wineskin wrapper you can also custom compile your own Wine source code.... Wineskin is about customizability... but it has some user friendliness to it too.  The final goal of making a "port" or wrapper in Wineskin is to have a Mac .app that works as close to a native app as possible... kind of like how official Cider ported games are made.... once you get it working a certain way.. leave it, future updates and changes wont affect it anymore.