[Wine] Patching wine -- 64bits

neisserian wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 20 16:40:50 CDT 2010

Hello, first, sorry for my english, my native language is spanish and i haven not been a good student.

My problem is the next;
I have ubuntu 10.04TLS, I installed "Runes Of Magic" and got a lot of problems for play, for the last one, I also found the solution, is apply a patch, or edit minidump.c file, this file is inside source codes of wine avaible for download like:
http://sourceforge.net/settings/mirror_choices?projectname=wine&filename=Source/wine-1.1.37.tar.bz2 but NOT on .deb files.

Well, the way to apply the patch, is editing manual the file, or with the comand:

Code:
$patch -p1 < patchtoaply.path

. Well, I can patch the file, but i when i try to install directly from this patched version of wine ( or not-patched ) im getting an error of compatibility, i installed ia32libs...bison... all the packages that i heard about for 32bits compatibility.

I got this error:

Code:
checking for linux/ipx.h... yes
checking for linux/irda.h... yes
checking for mach-o/dyld_images.h... no
checking for resolv.h... yes
checking for ucontext.h... yes
checking for sys/thr.h... no
checking for pthread_np.h... no
checking for linux/videodev.h... yes
checking for linux/capi.h... yes
checking for ldd... /usr/bin/ldd
checking whether we can build a GNU style ELF dll... yes
checking whether the compiler supports -fPIC -shared -Wl,-soname,confest.so.1... yes
checking whether the compiler supports -fPIC -shared -Wl,-Bsymbolic,-z,defs... yes
checking whether the compiler supports -fPIC -shared -Wl,-Bsymbolic,-init,__wine_spec_init,-fini,__wine_spec_fini... yes
checking whether the compiler supports -fPIC -shared -Wl,--version-script=conftest.map... yes
checking whether the compiler supports -fPIC -Wl,--export-dynamic... yes
checking whether the compiler supports -fPIC -Wl,--rpath,$ORIGIN/../lib... yes
checking whether the compiler supports -Wl,--enable-new-dtags... yes
checking whether the compiler supports -Wl,--section-start,.interp=0x7bf00400... yes
checking for i686-pc-mingw32-gcc... no
checking for i586-pc-mingw32-gcc... no
checking for i486-pc-mingw32-gcc... no
checking for i386-pc-mingw32-gcc... no
checking for i686-mingw32msvc-gcc... no
checking for i586-mingw32msvc-gcc... no
checking for i486-mingw32msvc-gcc... no
checking for i386-mingw32msvc-gcc... no
checking for i686-mingw32-gcc... no
checking for i586-mingw32-gcc... no
checking for i486-mingw32-gcc... no
checking for i386-mingw32-gcc... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for X... no
configure: error: X 32-bit development files not found. Wine will be built
without X support, which probably isn't what you want. You will need to install
32-bit development packages of Xlib/Xfree86 at the very least.
Use the --without-x option if you really want this.

I tryed to unpack the wine_amd64.deb, that i can install and works as intended, but it is packaged and by what i see it havent the same structure of files.

Again, sorry for my english and thanks for your help.