[Wine] Awful, AWFUL frame rate.

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Thu May 20 18:54:55 CDT 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 5:53 AM, Calamity Cat <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 and upon seeing many videos on Youtube such as "Team Fortress 2 On Wine!", seeing it run flawlessly, and I thought I'd give it a go.

Gaming and Wine is very much a case by case basis at the moment.
Testing other games and expecting them to be an indication as to the
way another game will run is simply not going to work.  Judging by
your comments you are using a version of Wine that is almost two years
old and expecting it to work with current applications.  Furthermore
you are not consulting the Wine Appdb to find out how to get your
games working.

If you are using Wine 1.0.1 update to the latest version and then
update your graphics drivers to the latest available from ATI.

You can copy your steamapps directory from Windows to Linux to save
downloading everything again.