[Wine] Re: Sims 3 and Microsoft.VC80.CRT

DanKegel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 20 19:27:46 CDT 2010

Enverex wrote:
> I had the Sims 3 working up until the town load section

It works pretty well for me, just had to do winetricks d3dx9

Enverex wrote:
> and was about to test something for Jeffz when something (I honestly don't know what) caused some breakage to do with the MS C++ libraries.
> "rm -rf ~/.wine" isn't an option as I have a lot installed and always wiping Wine for issues that can occur frequently isn't really a sensible option anyway.

Sadly, we're not very good at repairing broken windows directories
(and neither is real windows).

The best I can suggest is to become comfortable with using
multiple wineprefixes; that way you can reinstall any app whose
wineprefix accidentally becomes corrupted.